BECOME A MEMBER
“Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.” –Romans12:4-5
The church of Covenant Life is a family, adopted by God (Galatians 4:6-1; Ephesians 1:5). From Him we receive the privilege to worship Jesus together, serve in His kingdom, and be His children. We care for each other, pray for each other, and serve together.
Guests are always welcome within our household. For those interested in transitioning from guest to family member, the membership process is your opportunity to learn more about us, and our opportunity to get to know you.
The leadership of Covenant Life Ministries strives to love and care for its members well (Ephesians 4:11-12; Galatians 6:10). In turn, we rely on our members to accomplish our collective work as the church (Ephesians 2:10). As an organization, we operate with minimal staff, budget, and programming because we trust the Holy Spirit to move through the transformed hearts of our members, mobilizing the collective body of Christ in humble ways to love the lost, love our family, and glorify God on His terms.
For members, the call is demanding (Mark 8:34-35). The opposition is great (1 Peter 5:8). But Jesus goes with us (Matthew 28:20).
Christians are to work within their church for the cause of the gospel. Therefore, church members are, in a sense, leaders and servants of the church who serve according to their abilities in accordance with Jesus’ command to love God and their neighbor. They must be trained and released to use their spiritual gifts in various ways so that they too are helping fulfill the mission of the church.
3 STEPS TO BECOMING A MEMBER:
- Attend Sunday’s & Wednesday Evening services
- Participate in church events and activities
- Volunteer your service with a ministry team
Take the Foundation Class, which explains who we are, what we believe, and how we operate as a church, and provides an opportunity to get to know CLM’s pastors and leaders.Check with our leadership to find out when and where the Foundation Class meets.
Affirm CLM’s beliefs by signing the Membership Covenant and living out the expectations of members:
- Community: Live life with other members of the family by remaining an active part of the church.
- Serve: Use your gifts, talents, skills, and time to serve the church and participate in Jesus’ mission.
- Give: Members are asked to submit their tithes and offerings and support its annual giving pledge, which allows the church to plan and budget more effectively.
Member privileges include…
- More serving and leadership opportunities.
- Access to occasional “Member Only” activities and meetings.
- Participation as an active part of the family of God.